Friday, February 26, 2010

Weekly Round Up: What a Week

Despite all the snow and rain and generally over wintery weather, its been a week. On a personal note, the path that I thought my life was heading down changed - my husband and I have spent the last few months gearing up to move outside of Manhattan into a home and after putting in an offer on a place, my husband has decided he doesn't want to leave the city. So, now we're looking to move within NYC ... now, I love NYC but I was so excited at the prospect of driving to the supermarket and having a backyard for Maxwell and Lulu, so I am a bit bummed out. But, hopefully we'll find a new fabulous apartment and my dreams of a country rustic home will be realized in a few years.

I also had the chance to attend a fabulous workshop hosted by Emilie Inc and Splendid Communications - I am still digesting it all! I made some fabulous new friends, met friends that I've only known online and had a fabulous experience. Emilie blogged about it while the workshop was happening - her studio is so sweet, I was envious!

Here are some good reads around the wedding world:

Destination I DO Magazine announced their new destination etiquette guide - check it out as it contains really helpful information for your destination wedding!

The City Bride posted about the word cheap and weddings. She's spot on, read it here.

Denver Photog, Katie McLain wrote a great post on wedding coordinators - its very poignant and love her perspective!

And, Laura Hooper, the talented stationer, wrote a wonderful post on how to address your wedding invitations - really helpful advice in here from a calligrapher!

If you're in the Northeast, good luck digging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment