Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fourty Random Things About This Wedding Planner

I thought I would take a moment and answer 40 Random Questions so you could get to know me better!

1. What time did you get up this morning?
7AM. I used to be a night person and now am a morning person. I blame the dogs wanting to go to the dog park at 7AM everyday. On the flip side, by the time my husband wakes up, most of my chores are completed.

2. How do you like your steak?
Medium Rare.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Julie & Julia - cute but made me hungry. I have a long list of movies I want to see, but we'd rather stay at home and watch them on our TV than pay $30 to go to the movies.

4. What is your favourite TV show?
It changes all the time but at the moment, NCIS. There's something about crime shows that intrigue me.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
Wow. That's a tough one. Lots of places: LA, San Francisco, Paris, London, Cape Town. My goal in life is to have apartments and small cottages all over the world so we can just pack up and go whenever.

6. What did you have for breakfast?
My personal trainer's cereal mix. Whole wheat flakes, rolled oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and pecans with lots of berries. Yum.

7. What is your favourite cuisine?
Hmmm ... italian, sushi and Afrikaans {ok, not a cuisine, but certain Afrikaans foods are amazing and I only get to have them once a year :(}

8. What foods do you dislike?
Fish. I have irrational fears.

9. Favourite Place to Eat?
Any place that has great food and really good atmosphere and where I can hear my dinner partner. If its too loud, I'm not a fan.

11. What kind of vehicle do you drive?
We have an X3 but mainly walking and subway. NYC isn't the best place to drive.

12. What are your favourite clothes?
Jeans, T-shirt and fit flops. I love being comfy and put together.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance?
I'm jonesing to go to Portugal for some unknown reason these days.

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full?
Half full. Life is too short to be pessimistic.

15. Where would you want to retire?
Near my eventual children.

16. Favourite time of day?
The relaxation time.

17. Where were you born?
Durban, South Africa.

18. What is your favourite sport to watch?
Tennis

19. Bird watcher?
Not particularly, although at one time my grandfather had the largest collection of birds in captivity in the entire continent of Africa.

20. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Morning for sure. I blame my South African heritage for that.

21. Do you have any pets?
The two most adorable and lovely French Bulldogs, Lulu & Maxwell.

22. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share?
Stay tuned to my website for some awesome changes that are forthcoming!

23. What did you want to be when you were little?
Psychologist. Not sure I even knew what that was.

24. What is your best childhood memory?
Growing up with my amazing best friend and our fun adventures. We weren't allowed to watch TV which forced us to be seriously creative in order to entertain ourselves.

25. Are you a cat or dog person?
Dog!

26. Are you married?
Yes! On September 6th, it'll be our One Year Anniversary! And, of course, I'll be coordinating a wedding that day. The husband is a workaholic too, so he gets it. In fact, I have a suspicion that there's a surprise trip for me afterwards!

27. Always wear your seat belt?
Absolutely. I live by the South African police force motto: Arrive Alive.

28. Any pet peeves?
Procrastination although I suffer from it too on occasion. Just get things done!

29. Favourite Pizza Toppings?
Pepperoni although I don't think the personal trainer allows it.

30. Favourite Flower?
Where do we begin? Peony, Ranuncula, Garden Roses, Chocolate Cosmos, Hydrangea ... there's a long list. I LOVE FLOWERS!

31. Favourite ice cream?
Sorry, not actually a fan!

32. How many times did you fail your driver’s test?
Not once!

33. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card?
Target, Prada, Paper Presentation, Etsy.

34. Do anything spontaneous lately?
Hmmm, what counts as spontaneous?

35. Happy with your job?
Absolutely. I am so blessed and fortunate to be a wedding planner. I love my clients and I love bringing together all the wedding elements.

36. What was your favourite vacation?
There are so many! My first trip with my husband to show him France, my many adventures during Study Abroad in Europe, all the trips to Plettenberg Bay with the family and above all, any time Safari has been involved. I've been so lucky to come from a family that loves to travel.

37. Last person you went out to dinner with?
Last night! My husband and our friends Adam and Kim who are getting married in 2.5 months on a very swanky cruise!

38. What are you listening to right now?
The hum of the A/C unit.

39. What is your favourite colour?
Black and pink.

40. Coffee Drinker?
No. English background means I am a tea drinker!


No comments:

Post a Comment