Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Turning One Year Older

Today is my birthday and while this isn't wedding related news by any stretch of the imagination, I wanted to share some personal goals with you as I am now one year closer to a very important big birthday!

I've decided that this next year in my life is going to be about becoming a healthier version of me. A Me 2.0 if you will. I've read an inordinate amount of literature this past year that has got me thinking about all that we consume and do to our bodies. There's some really scary stuff out there. I am a firm believer that how we treat ourselves affects what happens to us down the road, and I for one would rather be kinder to myself now so that years later, things aren't that bad. I'd rather spend the money now on organic items {though more pricey} than hefty hospital bills in 40 years.

Thus, I've decided that this year in my life I will be kinder to myself. Eat cleaner, exercise more, gain much more positivity and basically become a healthier in mind and body version of me. While I may slip up on occassion, I really want 80%+ of this next year in my life to be healthier and more positive.

I wanted to write this note so that you, the reader, would hold me accountable, share your healthy tips with me and travel down this journey with me. I'll be writing sporadically about healthy changes I've found to be beneficial because at the end of the day, we're all still students who want to learn and become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment