Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve

In mere hours we'll dismiss 2009 and welcome 2010. I like New Year's simply because it reminds me every year of a restart of things - a new chance to do things differently, a time to reflect and above all, a time to make resolutions. I actually used to think that making resolutions was a waste. Nothing changes, right? But after I got married and realized that things in life can change {more than little changes}, after your wedding day, you've created this little family consisting of yourself and your new spouse. Perhaps you've changed your name, your location, your job. The biggest change I noticed after getting married is that decisions now have more weight to them. You have to consider the welfare of your family when it comes to making decisions, it isn't just how it affects you, its also how it affects your new family.

So where am I going with all this? Sit down today and make some resolutions. Resolve to be nicer to yourself and make time for yourself. Do good things for yourself. During your wedding planning you'll get so caught up between work, planning and managing life that its easy to forget to take care of ourselves - make a resolution that you'll take care of yourself weekly and monthly. Do things that make YOU feel good about yourself. Its okay to not think about the wedding 24/7, I promise. It doesn't make you any less of a bride!

I wish all of you the very best in 2010 - I hope that each of us has a fabulous and meaningful year.

No comments:

Post a Comment