Sunday, July 5, 2009

Spotlight: The Back Porch Shoppe

I recently came across Darline's amazing signs on Etsy and I just had to share them with you. They are such a sweet detail to add into any wedding, I wish I had known about these a year ago when we got married.



About Darline's creations, in her own words:

"I've always loved to re-create things....using vintage findings, taking things apart and making something totally unique out of the bits & pieces. My "Vintage Inspired" signs, of course, are all of brand new wood! After I design the signs' shapes and decide on wording and colors, my husband cuts all of the signs out for me, sands them and base coats them too! Then each sign is given lots of TLC on my 'back porch'...that's where I got the idea for my store name!



Whenever we travel, my eye is looking for a new sign design....I see sign shapes in furniture, kitchen items, and even door mats! As far as the signs' designs'...that comes from only making what I would buy myself. I only design what I like, and it has to pass inspection from my own critical eye ... "














Check out her out at The Back Porch Shoppe and Etsy for more fun and whimsical creations!

No comments:

Post a Comment