Monday, May 4, 2009

Getting Married? Getting Healthy ...

More often than not, brides want to shape up and tone (and possibly shed some pounds) before the big day. It's not an entirely absurd proposition as long as you are doing it for the right intentions ... long term health benefits, starting off your marriage on the healthy foot, or just looking damn good on your wedding day! I lost some weight but not as much as I wanted for the wedding (I'm not like other people who lose lots when they stress out, I pack it on), my motivation though wasn't look amazing in my dress (that was going to happen regardless ... haha!) but I really wanted to be committed to being healthy in my marriage. With obesity on the rise in the US and portion sizes larger than most NYC apartments these days, its actually getting harder to eat healthy if you don't eat at home. Its also getting harder to find healthy foods around that don't contain 100% chemical garbage in them. What's great is that people are starting to take back their health and be aware of what they are ingesting! Farmer's Markets are popping up everywhere, and if you're like me, warmer weather makes you more inclined to eat the good for you stuff and less cookies (right?).

I got an email today about this brand new book called: Clean Plates NYC. It looks amazing and is perfect for the NYC bride who wants to begin to be healthier. Check out their website!



Here's to happy, healthy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment