Monday, January 4, 2010

Introduction to This Wedding Planner

As the first week of 2010 rolls on, I thought I would take a moment and write an introduction post for the newly engaged and possibly new readership to my blog. A little "get to know me" if you will ... without further ado:

Favorite Non Wedding Blog / Sites:

Two of my non-wedding passions in life are cooking and interior design - I check out a ton of different interior design / lifestyle blogs: The City Sage, Coco + Kelley, Apartment Therapy and Habitually Chic. I long for the day when we purchase a home and I can finally put all my ideas into use!

Favorite Magazines / Books:

I read a lot of business books {I actually enjoy learning!} but I also love non-fiction books - Eat Pray Love is one of my all time favs, and I can't wait for Elizabeth Gilbert's new book. I also really enjoyed Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortensen and anything by Frances Mayes.

I am a total work out magazine junky - Shape, Self, Fitness ...

Favorite Restaurants:

In NYC: The Place, Spotted Pig, Tournesol
In LA: El Cholo
In Cape Town: Balthazar in the V&A Waterfront


Dream Vacation Spot:


Even though I've traveled to Southern Africa more times than I can remember, being on Safari in the Sabi Sands area of Kruger National Park is where my heart truly lies ... I am a huge wildlife in their natural habitat fan and every time we go on safari, I can't get enough! If anyone ever needs advice on safari, just ask - my fav place on earth is Notten's - no electricity and seriously romantic!

Random Facts About Me:

*I was a very dedicated figure skater until I went to college - used to be on the ice by 5AM most mornings!

*I am an over planner when it comes to vacations - I like having set itineraries and know exactly what there is to do before we get to a new location

*I loathe peas and will never eat them

*I am an incredibly fast reader - in 2009 I read over 150 books! {And I take notes in every book that I read!}

What are some random facts about you?

1 comment:

  1. Spotted Pig will always be one of my fav NYC haunts as well - fun post!

    ReplyDelete