Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Questionable Wednesdays: Flakey Vendors

Every Wednesday, I will try to shed some light on a Question that I find floating around the wedding'sphere.

Question: "I've been searching for a caterer and have barely made progress. It seems like every single one I have contacted has either not responded at all to my inquiry or vaguely responded with promises to respond in a few months time"

Answer: Flakey to inquires = flakey in business. At least in my experience. When doing research for vendors, not just caterers, take note of how they interact with you. Are they prompt to respond? Deliver the information they promise in a timely fashion? Do they make you feel well taken care of and like your business matters? If the answer is NO to any of the above, move along.

Your business {more importantly, your dollars} should matter to whatever vendor you hire. You're taking the time to inquire about what they offer, they should take the time to make sure you're a happy customer. I find that if I am inquiring about menu's, pricing or availability, if I don't get a prompt response or that I seem to have to pry information out of them ~ they aren't going to be that great to work with. No matter how amazing their food is, if they flake out on the wedding day, not having anything for your guests to eat is just too horrendous to even think about.

With email and phones readily accessible, it seems silly to me that vendors wouldn't return calls or emails promptly. If you find that a vendor is ignoring your attempts to give them cash, delete and find someone else who is prepared to treat you like the amazing Bride and Groom that you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment